Saturday 20 April 2013

A timey-wimey conundrum

Whelp, I've tried to resist the urge, but let's face it - it was only a matter of time.


Time and Relative Dimension...IN SPACE. Looks like 9th/10th version

There will be a T.A.R.D.I.S. dress in my future. I have no idea what it will look like, what time period of fashion will be butcher, but one way or another, I shall don a victoriously blue confection of awesomeness.

And it will probably be made out of that gorgeous blue silk, if I can arrange it. <3 (Seriously, I have an obsesson with duponi silk. The texture and the way it holds it shapes when you crunch it on the bolt in the store? Majestic.)

But what else? I don't just want to translate the image of a police box onto a garment. Nor do I want to be such a vague suggestion to said police box that no one knows who I am.

Colour is key, of course. The blue silk has a perfect black threading, which reminds me of woodgrain. The T.A.R.D.I.S. is made of wood. GENIUS. Any contrasts must be black and white, unless you are dabbling with the interior of the T.A.R.D.I.S. Then, of course, you have to chose what desktop version you want to do. Though, of course, that could be a whole underskirt kinda thing. Anyway.

What else? You have your obvious features like the "Police Public Call Box" banner, the "Pull to Open" sign, and if you go with the recent/classic version, the St. John Ambulance sign. But, it must flow with the outfit. If it's geometric, you can stick'em right on, bold as brass. If it's whismical, it must be a part of the hems and seams, like a suggestion. Seeing as I have no idea what the theme is going to be, those features are going to be tricksy, precious.

You've got windows, or an obvious white and black colour blocking, a lock, and a lightbulb on the very top. Not to mention a very distinctive sound, which is as much part of the machine as the look. (Which I think I read somewhere that the landing sound was made by rubbing a key against piano strings.)

Many, many things. Time to dive into the fashion books, I guess.

ALLONS-Y!

(PS: Went to Fabricland for hopefully the last time in a while, for the booth. Got stuff. Cuffs could be done by tomorrow?)

No comments:

Post a Comment