Friday 24 January 2014

It's cold outside...

Legit. It's Polar Vortexing again, or whatever these crazy kids call winter these days.

Mommy Nature gets bonus points for timing it just as we were leaving the movie theater having just seen Frozen.

Really liked the movie. Animation was beautiful, the quadrupeds were noble and majestic, and I enjoyed the characters. Couldn't figure out why I was getting a "Wicked" vibe from it, especially during Let It Go...which I currently have both versions....until I saw who played Elsa. IT ALL MAKES SENSE.

But... what I really loved was the freakin' costumes. Holy icy breath of Northern Canada. The costumes...! The first ten minutes was like a majestic montage. They actually had seam lines. Seam lines!!!! The fabric was behaving like fabric. Sure it was animated but it actually had plausible movements. I want to see if the artbook (I can only assume there is one) has the character designs, because if it does I WANT.

I will have this song stuck in my head all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment