Saturday 21 June 2014

Full steam ahead!

Today was one of those perfect shopping days. Weather was fabulous, and deals were plenty. My aunt and I ventured downtown (initially to purchase books at Bakka Phoenix, in which success was had) to attack Queen St for Booth Notions. I think I managed to get everything that I need, bar maybe one trim or so, but I got all the feathers I needed, among other things, so I should be pretty set for awhile.

And a shout out to Sussman's and King Texiles. The staff helping me today were amazing. Thanks, guys!

Added bonus today was running into the Steam on Queen Festival. I completely made a point of remembering when it was, so I could go down to it, and then promptly forgot. But, luckily enough we passed by it on the streetcar and were able to go back to it. Especially since the Love Poetry Corset's booth was there, and I managed to buy an amazing hourglass real corset for $100. No more non fitting la senza cheapy for me! (Sorry fake corset, you served me well.) It's got real steel boning and a busk and it fits, and it was 50% off, plus it has a wicked map pattern on it. But there are no extra bells and whistles so I can wear it under or over things. So excited. Now I can also make some sort of delighful outfit around it too. Eventually.

Good good good. I like when it plan comes together. Now, tomorrow we make things!

No comments:

Post a Comment